Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge

Hello Everyone, it is Tuesday, so you know what that means.  It is Tuesday Color Challenge day at The Outlaws

The month of March we have the fabulous sponsor DigiStamps4Joy, who is offering a $10 prize to spend in their store. 




This weeks challenge Mary provided us this color scheme and asked us to use 3 of 5 colors, with a twist of adding a butterfly.   What great colors Mary, butterflies are a good sign that warmer weather is here.  At least it made us feel that way right? 





I made a twisted easel card for this weeks challenge. This is the first time I have made a card such as this, and it was so much fun.  I was really surprised at just how fast and easy it was.  

I was able to use all five  (or a shade)of the colors in the picture.   I found a tutorial on Google for the card. Like I said, it was really so easy to complete.  

I started with the center floral piece.  I decided that, it was best left black and white.  I however, printed it on a sheet of music paper where I made it transparent.  it is the same paper as on the bottom part of my card, and the angled part of my card (just for comparison).  it is amazing what a single sheet of paper can do when you adjust the transparency, and pan the paper from one side to the other. 






Once I put the card all together, It was time to add the embellishments.  This was easy for me. I simply needed to add a few roses and baby's breath.  I also decided the black pearls over some lace would be a nice touch.  To finish off the corner embellishments, I added an additional butterfly from my store.  T





 Here is a picture of the entire card.   I really like how this card turned out.   I hope you are too. 


I hope you will join us at The Outlawz color challenge.  I know you will have fun! 

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I look forward to reading your comments. They inspire me to continue to grow in my crafts. 

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.